We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life
But those who must make their journey home across time and miles,
Growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them,
Are carried on the wings of destiny
And placed among us by God's own hands.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Wait Is Over!!

I am pleased to announce that we have officially accepted the referral of a GORGEOUS four month old BABY BOY!!   We got the call on Thursday November 4 at 12:40pm.  We had received a call only three days earlier regarding an 18 month old girl but due to some medical issues we had to decline.  We never expected another call so soon!  The call went something like this:

     Me:  "Hello."  (Understand I saw on my phone who was calling)
     Merrily:  " Hello, Kim?  This is Merrily from AAI.  How are  you?"
     Me:  "Good, I think.  How are you?"
     Merrily:  "Good.  I never expected to be calling you again
        this soon but here I am!  Do you have time to talk?"
     Me:  "Of course."  (My voice shaking)
     Merrily:  "Would you like to talk about a little boy?"
     Me:  "OF COURSE!!"

She then went on to give the details of his reason for coming into care, his health status, development, and the results of several lab tests.  She then said she would e-mail me his information and a picture.  The worst part was Troy and I were 20 minutes from home at a meeting!!  Let me tell you, I don't think I heard a word that was said the rest of the meeting and the ride home seemed more like two hours!!  When we got home I of course ran right over to the computer and pulled up the e-mail.  With Troy standing behind me, I went right for the picture.  When it came up I think we were both speechless!  He is beautiful!!  Big brown eyes, a bald head, a tiny button nose, and a HUGE smile on his face :)  This child just oozes personality!!  Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post any pictures of him until we pass court and he is officially ours.  I,  however, have given you a sneak peek below.

We ask of our family and friends that you keep this little boy in your prayers as he will not be truly "safe" until we bring him home.  He is in our agencies excellent care center but he is still in a third world country and these babies often get sick, ie. pneumonia, flu, chicken pox, and the medical care is not what we come to expect here.  We believe God led us to this little one and he will make sure he comes home safe and sound!




His Hands


  FINALLY!!!!

No comments: