We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life
But those who must make their journey home across time and miles,
Growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them,
Are carried on the wings of destiny
And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, the time is finally here.  In two days we will be on our way.  I thought I would be terrified considering how much I hate flying but I am actually over-the-moon excited!  I get to scratch "visit Rome" off my bucket list and I get to hold my future son---all in the same trip!

We have quite the load of luggage to take.  We each have one suitcase of our clothing, a carryon suitcase of our necessities and extra shoes, a large suitcase of donations (clothes, toothpaste, paper supplies) and a duffel bag of donations (mostly school supplies).  This along with a small backpack of things to do and eat on the plane.  We also have the honor of taking letters from several families to their children at the care center.  This is perhaps the most precious cargo.

Our girls are all set to stay at my grandmothers and our parents at various times during the ten days.  Their schedule is written and they have been given the usual lecture--"be good", "do your homework", "don't fight with each other", "remember we love you."  We will miss them terribly and hope they will at least miss us a little.  We are going to Skype them from Rome on Saturday from Adam's computer.  This I know we will be looking forward to at that point in the trip.

Please keep us in your prayers during our journey.  We know it will definitely be life-changing and we are so glad to have the unending support of our friends and family.

No comments: