We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life
But those who must make their journey home across time and miles,
Growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them,
Are carried on the wings of destiny
And placed among us by God's own hands.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On Embassy Road

Well, we were finally submitted to the embassy on 7/20/11 after two false starts.  The agency apparently wanted to get additional information regarding something they found in his paperwork and had a hard time getting it.  Yesterday we received notice from the embassy that they need more information.  That was not the Monday morning wake-up call I wanted.

The embassy wants information on who Amanuel's guardian is/was over in Ethiopia.  They questioned a name in his file that we have never heard of and want court documents related to guardianship.  I just don't understand why this is important at this point.  His biological parents cannot be found and we have already passed court with OUR names on the adoption decree and his birth certificate.  WE are his parents!  Why does this process need to be drug out any longer?

Anyway, I am keeping close contact with those involved in getting this resolved and pushing for a quick solution.  I AM TIRED OF WAITING.  I have also changed my plans to travel to the last week of August as this way I will not miss the girls first day of school or the concert we have tickets to.  Of course, if we get the okay to travel sooner you bet I will be on that plane in a heartbeat!

And for those that don't remember, here is the latest picture of what I am fighting for---my son!


Nathan and His Favorite Friend

No comments: