We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life
But those who must make their journey home across time and miles,
Growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them,
Are carried on the wings of destiny
And placed among us by God's own hands.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane

In no less than twelve hours I will be on a plane headed for Ethiopia.  We got our embassy appointment scheduled for October 11, 2011---Our "Gotcha Day."  This also happens to be my oldest daughters thirteenth birthday.  I'm sad I can't be there to give my new teenager a kiss on her special day but she will be in my thoughts and we will celebrate when I get back.

My nervousness is starting to appear as tomorrow approaches.  Not only am I not fond of flying but sitting on a plane for thirteen hours there and seventeen and a half hours on the way back does not thrill me.  Not to mention the "adventure" the trip home will be with a fifteen month old.  I also worry if this child of mine will even "like" me.  When we were there for court he seemed very fond of me by the second day; but it is now five months later and he is a different child.  I so hope he takes to me again.

I will try to post on this blog daily while we are there as long as the internet is working.  That is always an iffy thing in a third world country.  Please pray for safe travels and that all goes well with Nathan.  We will see you all when we return.

No comments: