We witness a miracle each time a child enters a life
But those who must make their journey home across time and miles,
Growing in the hearts of those waiting to love them,
Are carried on the wings of destiny
And placed among us by God's own hands.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nearing The End?

Well, this could be THE week.  I'm almost scared to say it for fear that I will be disappointed once again.  The ad was run the requested two weeks and no one responded.  A letter stating that no one responded and an English translation of the ad were submitted to the embassy on Thursday September 29.  Generally it takes 2-3 business days to get a reply so we are anticipating hearing somethng on Monday or Tuesday.  The plan is if we hear by Tuesday and are able to get a Visa appointment on Monday the 10th we may try and leave on Wednesday; otherwise we are looking at leaving on Friday the 7th.  Either way I am cautiously anticipating leaving this week.

In two days it will be 11 months since our referral of Amanuel . . . 11 MONTHS!  If all had gone as it should have it would have only taken 6-8 months from referral to homecoming.  I try not to dwell on this but it is very difficult to accept the fact that we have lost nearly five months with our son.  Five months that could have been spent bonding, caring for him, and watching him grow.  I don't understand why God had planned it this way and it will take me awhile I'm sure to come to terms with the loss.  They say everything is in God's timing but most of the time the "Why" is never answered.  I hope someday when Amanuel is home I will find the answer.  I do know we are ready to bring our son home and begin making up for that lost time.

No comments: